Easy Healthy Grilled Cheese for Kids with a Twist
These kinds of food choices are important for promoting healthy, nutritious lifestyles for your toddlers & preschool kids.
Young children lead active little lives today, and they need balanced nutrition and healthy eating to help them set up good eating habits for future and to keep the going.
Healthy Preschool Lunch Menu Ideas are Beneficial:
The fact is, there seems to be more obese, overweight, under nourished children today. This disturbing, unhealthy trend seen in children, is due to a lack of planning healthy snacks & healthy, well balanced daycare lunch menu considerations. Nutritious eating can be fun and beneficial for everyone, including your preschool kids! Veggies, fruits, whole grains and lean proteins are all important considerations.
Give your pre k children an awesome start everyday and keep them filled with nutritious, wholesome food ideas to keep them healthier.
Kids Grilled Cheese with a Twist
This is a great kid’s lunch idea or daycare lunch menu idea when you feel like you are in a rut making the same preschool snacks and lunches over and over again.
You don’t need a whole daycare lunch menu change; sometimes adding things to your own daycare or preschool lunch menu is all you need for a delicious, fun change that is healthy for everyone.
Adding protein to this all-time favorite sandwich snack makes it tastier, and keeps those preschool tummies full for longer periods of time, so preschoolers can make it thru their busy little days at daycare or while playing.
- Real Cheddar cheese or cheese slices if the preschool children prefer that instead
- Whole Wheat Bread
- Sliced Chicken or Turkey Breast or Ham
Grilled Cheese Preparation:
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place butter side down on a napkin.
- *To make this even healthier, you can use very little butter, if any at all.
- Slice very thin slices of cheddar cheese (or use cheese slices…one slice of cheese for each slice of bread) until you have enough pieces to cover each side of bread.
- Put the chicken, turkey breast or ham over the cheese on one slice of the bread.
- Then add the remaining cheese on top of the meat. So now the meat is in between both slices of bread.
- Put the other slice of bread on top. Pick up the sandwich and discard the paper towel.
- Place in a medium heat frying pan and cook until both sides are browned and the cheese is all melted.
- I usually serve this healthy preschool sandwich with a side of veggies and ranch dip, or a fruit salad.
Serve with Drinks: Milk, Juice, or Water